As my nephew has diagnosed SLE since November 2005 when he
was 10 years oldafter has been treating the ITP and unknown vasculitis
for 2 years. He has the symptoms on vascular system and skin.
Now he is at home and controlled by Prednisolone 6 pills per day
( theinitial treatment was 7 per day). Now the thing we worry is his hair lost,
is it because of his SLE or the prednisolone. Now his face is like moon face
that I know it it fom prednisolone.My questions are
- Is the hair lost from the disease or prednisolone ?
- How is his prognosis ?
- Does he have to see dermatologist for the hair falling problem?
- How long should he stay home away from crowded community ?
- How long before the SLE to be stable ?>
Thank yopu very much for your kindness and support for answering
the questions and be side by side with the patients and their relatives.
- the hair lost should be from SLE
- ITP is one of the bad prognostic factor for SLE
- It's a good idea to have a dermatologist look after his hair
- Until his disease is in remission and no immunosuppessive
- It's depend on many factors. Usually after two years the disease
showld be clam down.